When I watch The Lion King, during the Can You Feel The Love Tonight scene, there’s a moment after Simba smiles lovingly down at Nala, after she licks his cheek, where they lean towards one another and the nuzzle.
Now that scene is very sweet, but when I watch it I feel there should have been a kiss between Simba and Nala. Disney have created animal couples that kiss for years. Even as far back as the fifties with Mickey and Minnie, when things where a lot more reserved. And to make it even worse Kovu and Kiara (who’s pairing I don’t think comes close to the love story in the first Lion King) get to kiss, although it is briefly and accidentally in a cramped cave.
Still though, all good Disney kisses, regardless of who the participants are, are a character and audience reward after struggle, they have a sort of innocence to them and are between those who are fortunate enough to have found love that is real. It’s not meant to be dirty or weird. In the first Lion King, Disney cut out an idea on a story board where Simba told Nala he loved her, and their pairing was neglected even more in the sequal.
I understand that the Lion King holds a lot of values to it’s story, not just the romance: the amazing music, having fun, action, dealing with heartbreak, growing up, philosophy, self doubt and confidence, friendship, standing up for what is right, good triumphing over evil, what it means to be a leader and family. All these elements are what make the story so fundamental and admired by billions of all ages. It just pisses me off a bit that, despite their separation and things they had to deal with while they were apart, after Nala giving Simba the initial push he needed to realise he had to return home, him doing do and the Pridelands being purged of the hyena’s that had over run it, him choosing her as his Queen, all that and they didn’t even get to kiss each other for it.Nala. Simba. lion king. the lion king. submission.
- b1a4nia reblogged this from thelionkingsimbafan and added:
- thelionkingsimbafan reblogged this from thelionking-confessions
- riannofthefreekind reblogged this from thelionking-confessions
- tlkpride likes this
- whats-so-great-bout-da-waterhole likes this
- amburonfire likes this
- justmla reblogged this from thelionking-confessions and added:
- inuyashainterpretations reblogged this from thelionking-confessions and added:
- meiiamotbone reblogged this from thelionking-confessions and added:
- sonofthegun likes this
- l0nglive-theking reblogged this from thelionking-confessions
- salach-rogaire likes this
- ikitsumidaminito likes this
- littlehappysunflower326 likes this
- thelionking-confessions posted this